Due to age or illness some of our tenants need adaptations to enable them to live comfortably and safely in their homes.

Adaptations are looked at on a case by case basis. Most of the work that we carry out relate to mobility issues, such as installing hand rails/grab rails, walk-in showers and ramps.

If you feel you could benefit from such adaptations you should contact either your GP or the Social Services / Community Care departments of your local Council. They will refer you to an Occupational Therapist (OT) who will visit your home and assess what works need to be carried out. Their recommendations will be sent to our Maintenance Team. They will assess the works required and, if the works will cost less than £1,000, will arrange for them to be carried out.

If the costs are likely to exceed £500 Hafod will need to apply for funding from the Welsh Government. Your case will be passed to our Development department who will apply for funding and be responsible for organising the work once funding is received.

For further advice about adaptations please telephone the Maintenance Team on 029 2067 5800.

Physical Adaptations Grant Flyer

For further information about the services provided by your local authority see below:

Community Housing Cymru Investors in People BITC disability confident employer