Complaints & Compliments

We always strive to offer the best possible service to all our customers. However, we recognise that sometimes we do get it wrong and if you have been unhappy with our service we believe you should be able to tell us. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement we believe that it is important to know when we have got it wrong and where our service could be improved.

Likewise, if we are doing something well or if we have exceeded your expectations we would like to hear to about it. You can pay a compliment either by telephone, email or put it in writing to any of our offices, or feel free to drop in and tell us.

You can complain in person at any of the Association's offices, although we prefer complaints to be put in writing or via email to the Area Manager of your local office as they will deal with your complaint initially.

What is the complaint process?

Stage One - An Area Manager will deal with the initial approach and attempt to resolve your concern. Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will have a final response or progress report (if the complaint is more complex), within 28 days.

Stage Two - If you are dissatisfied after stage one, the Managing Director will carry out an independent investigation. You should have a response within 14 days.

Stage Three - This is our final stage. If you are still dissatisfied your complaint can be referred to our Area Sub-Committee. You can make further written representations here or appeal in person if you wish. You should have a response within 14 days.

Click here to download our Complaint Form 

What happens if your complaint is upheld?

We will try and agree a remedy with you that matched the seriousness of the complaint. Remedies can include:

  • A written apology.
  • A change in procedure.
  • Providing the service desired by you.
  • Compensation.

Are there any special rules regarding compensation?

Yes. The following guidelines are taken into account:

  • Whether you have incurred any specific losses.
  • The amount of damages that might be awarded by a county court in similar circumstances.
  • The amount of time you have had to spend in pursuing the matter.
  • Any exceptional worry, distress or inconvenience you might have suffered.

We won't award compensation if the problem was due to reasons beyond our control.

Public Service Ombudsman for Wales

If you are dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with you may refer it to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales for external scrutiny. The Ombudsman will have expected you to allow us to resolve your complaint first.

The Ombudsman can be telephoned on 01656 641 150 or visit their website at Their address is 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, Bridgend CF35 5LJ.

Complaints & Compliments
Community Housing Cymru Investors in People BITC disability confident employer